Forgotten Realms Date: 1479 DR, The 2nd day of Ches
What do I think about Jalth of Hillsfar? Not much... - Axio
A man, judging by his clothes one of high rank and stature, comes in to the document house escorted by many members of the city watch. "What is going on in here!" he demands. Before Axio can answer Shenka says with a smile "Just the usual trouble when you and I get together." At this the man's mood lightens and he turns to Shenka Fari "Shenka, so good to see you, I sent a messenger to the docks to find you but I see you've been here instead"
The city watch looked troubled by the bodies, and began to check to see if anyone was wounded.
Shenka goes on to explain why she is here and what happened. Jalth turns to Axio and is calmer than he was but is still clearly displeased "And you Saer Elf, I understand you were a soldier. Do they not greet the Generals for orders before going to fight in Myth Drannor?"
"My orders were clear enough from those who sent me..do I need approval from some human," replied Axio.
"To enter our buildings and kill our citizens, yes I believe you do." Then one of the guards approaches Jalth and they talk quietly for a moment. He turns towards the group and says "So explain this mess."
Axio looks to Shenka and then back to Jalth..and says.."My intent was never to kill anyone..These men attacked us like dogs! If we hadn't been here in time then this map would have been taken...perhaps not all your citizens are whom they claim to be, General!
Shenka tries to be reassuring and says "He speaks the truth about the attack Jalth. They blew up the wall and rushed in, they even killed one of the men over there" she points to a dead body.
"Be that as it may, it is your people that placed the importance of this map over a petty logging dispute. As it was your people that requested my assistance in settling this manner," retorted Jalth.
Axio becoming frustrated spoke again, "Do we really have time to be arguing? I have a job to do and I plan to do it..I dont care if this woman..or you consider it to be of little importance or not..I just know there is something thats not right....something that I was called here to take a look at...And by the looks of it..this map is of importance..."
Jalth, clearly disgusted by Axio's attitude, snapps, "Then do tell Saer Elf just what in the stlarning nine hells did you discover. Further more who are these brigands that you claim were after the map!"
With a sigh Axio says, "you really think I know who these brigands were? For all I know they were your men on some outrageous mission...as for the map..which I can't believe you dont know..has been altered magically. This is to say that someone or some group of scoundrels has purposefully created such magic to fool the mentally challenged like yourself or those non-attuned to magic...which again brings me to the reason I'm here."
"So says you Saer Elf, for all I know any magics on this map may have been placed here by yourself. For the men, if you don't know who they are then exactly what job are you in such a hurry to do. Had you left at least one man alive we could at least find out whom they were involved with, but instead you and your faruking group had to kill the lot of them." Jalth contests.
Then Rimeron adds "Nu-uh, one of them got away"
Axio speaks before Jalth can get a word out, "Well Saer Jerk(in elven)...if you would have listened to me from the start.. I said they attacked first..and Yes Rimeron is correct one did get away but we plan to search after that weakling..but each passing moment I'm stuck here talking is one more moment he gets a step further away..You are stinking up the place with your lack of understanding..and reasoning skills...please let me do the thinking...IF you really want reassurance of when and how we are here..I suggest you ask everyone when we arrived...I couldn't have possibly had enough time to enchant this map.. "
Jalth's face turns a shade of purple after which he bellows for the guards to put in Axio in chains, He tells them to fetch a city wizard and gives orders that Axio may not step one foot further until his claims are proven.
Axio screams Saer Idiot in elven as the but on his chains.
Jalth orders him gagged until the mage arrives.
(Axio thinks to myself..."how do I always end up like this...errg maybe it had something to do with calling their leader a jerk...slow in the head..and accusing him of being the one that has attacked us...
naaah thats not it
I just said the truth")
After privately consulting with Shenka while Axio was being fitted with the best iron leg cuffs the good city of Hillsfar has to offer Jalth returns to address the group of Adventurers and says
"After hearing the statements from the citizens that were here during the attack I've concluded that much of your story is true. The other fey citizens are free to go, but please don't go to far as we may have questioning for you later".
As Jalth goes to consult with his guards and Axio becomes accustomed to the floor (and the door that he has been chained to) Shenka brings the rest of the party members together speaking loudly enough for Axio to hear.
To Draconus, Terios and Pern "Jalth confided in me that he believes that he recognizes one of the dead men as a new hire to the West Moon Trading company. I must admit I'm caught up by this intrigue" a wicked smile plays across her lips "and I love intrigue. I would like for you fine men to go and see what you can find out about this "West Moon Trading Company" and perhaps find subtle clues to their guilt."
To this she turns to the rest of your Fey party and says "you may want to go as well, I know Jalth and as long as there is a shred of doubt to Axios story he will keep him locked up for eternity"
With that the party heads out to quietly and subtly gather evidence that will free Axio. Over the next several hours Axio reproduces his steps and shows the Mage that he indeed has found a magical illusion altering the maps borders. By this time Jalth has taken Shenka out to for a meal and left Axio with the guards under strick orders to put him back in chains when he is done to await his return.
That comes several hours later.
After the mage confirms Axio was telling the truth with a baleful eye Jalth orders him to be freed. About that time a very bloodied band of "heroes" comes walking in the door with some more of the city watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment